ABOUT ANTÓNIO NUNES DE CARVALHO
Our story begins with António Nunes de Carvalho, who was born in 1904 and whose life was an unequalled example of business drive and initiative. António Nunes de Carvalho founded the company that carries his name, in 1939, after gaining extensive experience working in the tanning industry.
Our Brands of
— Drag the Cursor —
At Couro Azul we assure ours customers that every sqm of finished leather or cut pieces are 100% made in house.
We have full control of our process , from raw hide to finished and cut leather, as all the product phases such as: design, engineering, product development and production are made exclusively by us in our plant, which allows us to:
- — Keep full traceability of our final product
- — Assure High Quality Product level
- — Customer-oriented production
- — Quick reaction to market requirements
BEST PRACTICES to
Couro Azul is accredited by FILK (Forschungsinstitut für Leder- und Kunstledertechnologie) to the ECO2L standard, which is energy efficiency and CO2 emission certification of automotive leather.
The Corporate carbon footprint (CCF) calculation takes into consideration not only the leather production process but also the upstream and downstream chain, such as:
- — Energy Procurement
- — Chemicals Procurement
- — Rawhide Procurement
- — Treatment of exhaust air and discharge
- — Internal and externak wastewater treatment
- — Treatment of by-products
- — Recycling and disposal of waste
We are able to monitor our carbon footprint in kg of C02/m2.